The next Lyman Town Council
meeting will be held on
March 13, 2017 at 06:00 pm.
Answers to common questions about the Lyman Municipal Court.
- Can my court date be postponed? No, there are only two terms of court each month and therefore it is imperative that you appear for your scheduled court date.
- Can I pay my ticket before court? Yes, most fines may be paid before your court date, there are a few in which your appearance is required. If your ticket states that your appearance is required then you may not pay before court.
- What type of payments are accepted? The court will accept cash, money order, credit or debit cards. If you are paying by credit or debit card in the office, there is a 3.5% convenience fee.
- Can I make a payment online? Yes, online payments can be made by using the "make online payments" banner on our home page or by going to www.lymanpmnts.com. A 7% convenience charge will apply.
- Can I make a payment over the phone? Yes, you may pay by phone by calling 1-877-794-1145. There is a 7% convenience charge for payments by phone and online payments.
- How do I request a jury trial? Please come by the clerk's office to obtain the request form or have your attorney send a letter of request to the following address: Municipal Court, 81 Groce Road, Lyman, SC 29365.
- What happens if I miss my courtdate? If you are charged with a criminal offense and do not appear for your trial, you will be tried in your absence and a Bench Warrant may be issued for your arrest. If you are charged with a traffic offense you will be sent a notice of failure to pay and given 15 days to pay the fine before the Department of Motor Vehicles is notified and your license are suspended.