The next Lyman Town Council
meeting will be held on
April 01, 2013 at 06:30 pm.
Answers to common questions about the Lyman Municipal Court.
- Can my court date be postponed? No, there are only two terms of court each month and therefore it is imperative that you appear for your scheduled court date.
- Can I pay my ticket before court? Yes, most fines may be paid before your court date, there are a few in which your appearance is required. If your ticket states that your appearance is required then you may not pay before court.
- What type of payments are accepted? The court will accept cash, personal check (from a local bank), money order, credit or debit cards.
- Can I make a payment online? Yes, online payments can be made by using the "make online payments" banner on our home page.
- Can I make a payment over the phone? No, payments may be made in person or online only.
- How do I request a jury trial? Please come by the clerk's office to obtain the request form or have your attorney send a letter of request to the following address: Municipal Court, 81 Groce Road, Lyman, SC 29365.
- What happens if I miss my courtdate? If you are charged with a criminal offense and do not appear for your trial, you will be tried in your absence and a Bench Warrant may be issued for your arrest. If you are charged with a traffic offense you will be sent a notice of failure to pay and given 15 days to pay the fine before the Department of Motor Vehicles is notified and your license are suspended.