Town of Lyman | 81 Groce Road Lyman | SC 29365
The next Lyman Town Council
meeting will be held on
September 18, 2017 at 06:00 pm.


Q:      Can the police open my car if I have locked my keys inside?
A:      No, because of the potential for damage to vehicles, the police department does not open locked vehicles.  A locksmith is your best alternative.  However, if a child is locked inside the vehicle the fire department will send a rescue unit to remove the child, through any means necessary.
Q:      Do I have to come to the Police Department to file a report?
A:      No, in fact we prefer that you call 911 from the scene of the crime, if it is safe to do so.  An officer will be dispatched to your location to speak to you in person.  Response times vary based on call priority, traffic and other factors, but it is the Department’s goal to respond as quickly as possible.
Q: How can I contact a specific officer?
A: For non-emergency calls, please call the Police Department at (864) 439-8445.  If your call is received after 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday or on the weekend, you may leave a message on the after hours recording.  Officer’s schedules vary so they may not be able to return your call immediately.
Q: How do I obtain a copy of a Police or Accident Report?
A: Please come to the Police Department located in the Lyman Municipal Complex at 81 Groce Road. Someone can assist you Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and on Friday from 8:30 a.m. untl 12:30 p.m. 
Q: Is there a charge for a copy of a Police or Accident Report?

A: The fee is $5.00 per copy, however victims involved may receive a copy free of charge.
Q: How can I get a Criminal Records Check?
A: You may obtain a copy of a criminal history by visiting the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division’s (SLED) website at